CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITY BUILDING STANDARDS SERVICE
When you have identified the postcode for your property or for the site of your project use this search to find your Local Authority Building Standards Service.
Phone your local building standards service and they will guide you through the process. See contact numbers here
You can also use the eBuildingstandards portal -
Once you are logged in, to get started on your form you will need to follow the eBuildingStandards link above.
The process of creating a new proposal will include
- Choosing a site address
- Giving the proposal a name
- Selecting which application, review or appeal form you need to complete.
The eBuilding Standards service is the latest addition to the eDevelopment.scot suite. The service was launched on 24 August 2016. The introduction of the eBuilding Standards service is in line with the Scottish Government's digital strategy and in response to feedback received from ePlanning portal users and local authorities. The eBuilding Standards portal enables:
- The electronic submission to local authorities of applications for building warrants and other related forms, such as completion certificates.
- Electronic payment of associated fees directly to the local authority
- The submission of digital copies of supporting documentation, eliminating the need to print and post
The portal is easy to navigate, with help and guidance available at every stage of the way. Those who are already familiar with the ePlanning service will find that this portal has a similar look and feel.