“A Better Way to Build”
The Expert Liaison Group is a customer focused group with a remit to investigate compliance issues within the industry arising from the Building Standards Regulatory process wherever they occur
The ELG offer assessments of new and innovative products and non-standard building design systems prepared by designers and developers of domestic and non-domestic projects in support of building warrant applications.
The aim of an ELG is to avoid applicants having to undergo a full building warrant assessment each time the same product/system is to be used and/or constructed in a different local authority area. Courtesy of an ELG outcome, Architects and Design Engineers can pass on real savings in time and costs. An ELG should provide special benefits for you by guaranteeing:
- Consistent interpretation of building standards,
- A single point of contact for a national debate and agreement,
- Confidence in a design subjected to the ELG process,
- A fast track through building standards approval,
- Checks by the local authority will be confined to site related matters.
If you would like to know more about the Expert Liaison Group contact:
Bob Renton, LABSS ELG Administrator
E: email@example.com T: 01835823479 M: 07980286987