LABSS is at the forefront of delivering national decisions, offering Partnership Schemes that provide a consistent, effective assessment and approval service for designers, developers and contractors. LABSS provides various options for these national discussion and decisions.
- The Partnering Authority Scheme (PAS) partners developers with a single lead authority for all their building warrant applications throughout Scotland.
- The Expert Liaison Group (ELG) will, at the request of applicants, investigate new ideas, wherever they occur.
- Scottish Type Approval Scheme (STAS) provides assessments and approvals of designs of standard buildings that are to be constructed in Scotland. All Scottish Local Authority verifiers accept STAS approvals.
- Registered Details (RD), in collaboration with LABC, registers standard system component designs and innovative products that will be accepted by local authorities throughout the whole of the UK.
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) provide working in partnership with the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service (SRFS) and Homes for Scotland (H for S) - others will follow.
For current STAS Applicant search here.
For current Registered Detail registrations search here.
Partnership working with our colleagues in LABC in England and Wales
The LABSS/LABC framework agreement allows you to access their professional consultancy services to aid your holistic design of your project in a wide range of areas. By using their network of highly skilled local authority building control surveyors, complemented by specialist professionals from across the industry, they are able to deliver a joined-up, coordinated solution and helps clients save time and money.
LABC Consult is able to offer an extensive range of services