This policy relates to the website with the domain names http://www.labss.org; http://www.labss.org.uk; and http://www.sabsm.org (the "Website") belonging to Local Authority Building Standards Scotland
1. LABSS ("We" or "Us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use (Our terms and conditions) (the "Terms") and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal or business data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and how we use "cookies" as a result of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (SI 2011/1208). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
3. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is LABSS.
4. We may collect and process the data about you including information that you provide by filling in any forms on the Website. This includes (without limitation) information provided at the time of registering to use the Website; subscribing to any service on the Website; posting material or enquires requesting further services, research requests details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
5. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or transaction. We use information held about you to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. For example, requesting further information or making a training reservation or conference booking. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
8. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
9. We will do our best to protect your data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website using the Internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. We may use your information in progressing business with LABSS partners and contractors involved in delivering goods and services to our members and customers. Hypothetically, we would disclose or share data in order to comply with any legal duty and obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Website and other agreements. Data might also be disclosed in the event that our business assets were sold or acquired.
12. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
LABSS Administration Convener per
Tel: 01467 536737
Fax: 07770 821271